Least Auklet Flight (Aethia pusilla, Starique minuscule, LEAU) Saint Paul Island, The Pribilof Islands in the Bering Sea, Alaska. Image Copyright ©Christopher Dodds. Canon 1D MK IV, 500mm F4 L IS , 2X Teleconverter III, Tripod & Jobu Jr. 3 (with Deluxe Swing-arm upgrade) ISO 1,600 f/8 @ 1/1250s Manual Mode. PURCHASE A PRINT or LICENSE IMAGE FOR PUBLICATION HERE.
Getting a full frame, eye-level flight shot of a 5" long bullet traveling at 55mph with the deep blue Bering Sea in the background might have been my biggest challenge during my recent Saint Paul Island Photographic Expedition. By pre-focusing my camera on the rocks where they were landing, using my 500mm lens with a 2X extender, I was able to get several images; with this being among my favorites because of the head-turn towards the viewer. Do have a look at, and consider joining me for my Saint Paul Island Workshop next year HERE; it is an awesome adventure!
EOS-1D X Firmware Update Version 1.0.6
Firmware Version 1.0.6 incorporates the following fixes.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the AF Micro-adjustment cannot be correctly carried out.
- Fixes a phenomenon such that when using the camera with combinations of certain lens and extenders, the images captured become back-focused.(EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM or EF200mm f/2L IS USM When used with the Extender EF 1.4x III or Extender EF 2x III).
- Fixes a phenomenon in which, when the camera is powered on in very dark environments (including instances when the lens cap or the body cap is attached), Error 80 appears on the camera.
- Fixes the following phenomenon: if two CF cards are inserted into the camera and the "standard" or "Auto switch card" setting is selected for the recording method for [Record func+card/folder sel.], and then one of the CF cards is removed and then reinserted into the card slot, the card selected for recording and playing back images may be switched to the other CF Card.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the AF micro-adjustment value is not correctly displayed in the EXIF information of the images captured.
- Displays a "O" or "X" result to indicate whether images have been successfully transferred through the FTP protocol when using the WFT-E6 Wireless File Transmitter.
Firmware Version 1.0.6 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.0.3. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.0.6, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
Download firmware V1.0.6 HERE